Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Survival Of The Fruitiest...

Come at me, bro! 
In a world shaped by technology, where man can no longer survive without it, live two giants controlling the market. To the South is an innovation monster, appearing out of the shadows. To the East is a skilled rival, challenging the monster at every turn. And thus begins a battle between each. It is... The Survival Of The Fruitiest!

Are you a loyal Apple buyer? Or do you prefer Blackberry? According to recent market share statistics, the majority of you chose Apple. There have even been many articles published claiming that the days of the Blackberry are soon to be over, that Blackberry has lost the battle.

Lost the battle, but not the war.  

At least, this is my expert opinion. I’m not ashamed to admit that I am an avid Blackberry supporter, so my opinion may be biased, but nevertheless here are my two bits.

For starters I am down right appalled that the innovation kings actually copied an idea off Blackberry. Blackberry Messenger, or BBM as the kids call it these days, has been a distinct feature that separated the two smartphones. Apple stole this concept, renamed it, and thus IM (iPhone messenger) was born. What’s up Apple? Couldn’t come up with something on your own, had to steal an idea?

Secondly, I’ve never been a fan of the touch screen keypad. I’m like child that way, always got to have something tangible to touch. Not to mention the clicking sound of the buttons is somehow addictive.

Blackberries have everything you need, with no added trimmings. Generalizing of course, iPhones are targeted to a younger generation of game obsessed, app crazy users. Whereas the Blackberry is more simplistic, offering what you need without the clutter. I don’t mean to say Blackberries suit a more mature target, but it just seems to me that people use blackberries for their purpose, rather than goofy games.

So when it comes down to it, Blackberry has quite a good defense. They may need to strengthen their attack force, but I’m sure that behind their walls is a secret weapon they are just waiting to unleash against the monster.








No comments:

Post a Comment