Friday, November 11, 2011

If I Gave It All Away For One Thing...

"Look, if you had just one shot, or one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you capture it? Or just let it slip..." - Eminem  
This is one of the children CMN Radiothon
will benefit, this young boy and his
loving mother. <3

I was driving in my car earlier, when I decided to scan through radio stations. I found myself settling into The Border just when the announcer broadcasted a Radiothon charity promotion for the Children's Miracle Network.

From an advertising perspective...the promotion was simply amazing.

Johnny Spezzano was the announcer tonight, and he and his team seemed so passionate about the cause that it nearly brought me to tears. I actually spent two hours listening to one station without turning it. I wasn't even listening to the music, I was far more engaged with the stories from those who needed help. And to be honest, Johnny's pure enthusiasm and what seemed to be pure compassion sucked me right in to the cause.

Normally radio announcers are collected, there's a script or at least structure. But what I was listening to was raw. I could hear the cheers when someone had pledged to donate, I could see the shocked and sadden expressions to heartfelt stories being told. Johnny actually interrupted the music so restate the name of the cause and the number to donate. Dedication much?

His voice, as he spoke to all the listeners, was so encouraging. I remember him saying that he wasn't going to stop talking about it, he wasn't going to shut up, till they reached their goal of donations.

The mingling of testimonies and inspiring music was also captivating. In fact, just about everything The Border did for the Radiothon inspired me. I wanted to donate! Mission accomplished Johnny!

So if you had one shot, or one opportunity, to give someone everything they ever wanted, would you do it? Or just let it slip...

No comments:

Post a Comment