Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Turning The Page...

Goodbye naptimes, au revoir recess, farewell childhood and being a kid. Good day deadlines, hello responsibility, nice to finally meet you college and adulthood!

As my professor Robin Pepper would say, I suffered from major FUDS my first week of college. New people, new environment and new expectations! I was overwhelmed! Coming fresh from high school, the big bad world of college seemed rather... frightening to me. But within that first week, my entire outlook on the next three years changed.

My classmates were all welcoming and within the first few days I became good friends with most of them. I found myself making conversation, laughing, and enjoying my time in each an every class. 

I enjoyed Robin's class where we were instructed to build a contact sheet. Naturally, classmates and teachers will be included, but I actually went out and found a potential employer to add to mine. Grant Barber, an account executive for Corus Entertainment (www.corusent.com), met with me last weekend and we discussed the future of advertising. He even offered to give me a tour of CKWS! After our meeting together, I know this program will take me places I really want to go. 

So here I am, turning the page over to college, starting a new life, and all I can say is, things have never been better.










No comments:

Post a Comment